When people think of renovations they usually think of words such as hassle, time consuming and unforeseen costs. This however should never be the case. Renovations can run efficiently, on schedule, within your budget and with minimal disruption to your daily routine if your renovation company is good at planning, communication and coordination.
Planning is key to any renovation if you want your project to run smoothly and efficiently. At Superior Renovations we handle everything from the conceptual stage through to after completion. We provide a full service which includes consultation, conceptual designs, demolition, supplying of all renovation materials and fixtures, installation, a project manager to oversee the entire project and after renovation care.
We have developed a 7 Step renovation process to ensure that your project is completed efficiently without wastage or hassle, within your time frame and budget.
Our head office is in Albany; however we carry out renovations in all suburbs of Auckland. You can either call us at 0800 199 888 or fill in our form on our website. Within 24 hours you will receive a call from our office to arrange your complementary on-site consultation with our renovation specialist. It is best to speak to us over the phone prior to your consultation so we can arrange the visit with the renovation specialist suited for your type of renovation.
Your on-site visit is an opportunity for a discussion of all the important and not so important aspects of your renovation. You will be meeting our renovation specialist with an extensive amount of industry knowledge and experience. We encourage you to have your entire family during this consultation so we can take everyone’s needs into account. During your consultation, you will experience the following phases:
- Listen: The most important person in this renovation is you. Our renovation specialist will first listen to everything you have got to say. You must have certain expectations from this renovation and the renovation specialist will ensure that we have recorded these. This is so we can take these expectations into account when we customise your renovation plan/proposal. We would also be discussing your timeframe to understand when you want to start your project and you desired completion date.
- Advice: We work with the Auckland council, various licensed building companies, suppliers and hence have over 20 plus years of combined industry knowledge at your disposal. You can draw on this expertise for advice in regards to design and your renovations. We encourage you to ask as many questions as you have during this consultation.
- Design and Concepts: This is a great time to discuss any sort of specific design ideas that you might have. This would help the specialist later when developing your conceptual ideas with our design team. Our specialist will also be equipped with inspirational ideas for designs which you peruse at your pleasure.
- Measurements: We believe that time is of the essence. Taking measurements at this stage of the desired renovation areas will save repeated visits to your site. The measurements also enable us to give you a firm quote in our proposal to avoid any future budget blow outs.
- Finance options: We understand that you would have thought long and hard before spending your hard earned savings into a renovation. Sometimes however it is not possible for you to have a huge chunk of money sitting in your bank account. This is absolutely okay as we do work with a finance company that provides competitive finance options for people like you who are looking at renovating their homes.
- Suppliers: We work with clients that have very deferring needs. Some of our clients need a basic renovation while others want to revamp their home by using designer materials and fixtures. The great news here is that we work with a wide range of Auckland suppliers to suit your type of renovation. As we supply all renovation materials and fixtures, our project manager will discuss the suppliers suited for you during this consultation.
We usually aim to send through a proposal to you within 2 to 4 days after your consultation. The time depends on the level of customisation required for your home. Once your consultation is completed, our specialist passes the details on to a project manager who then plans the entire renovation in the next few days from designs, timeframes, budgets etc. Our proposal is not a mere ‘quote’. The proposal is a comprehensive guide which encompasses the following aspects:
· Your Renovation plan: Most renovations suffer waste due to poor planning and disorganisation. We have a dedicated project manager for every renovation who is in charge of planning your renovation efficiently prior to the start date. The project manager will ensure that every team is scheduled for your renovation in a way that causes minimum disruption to you and fits well like a puzzle.
· Timeline: We finish our renovations in a reasonably short time as we are not reliant on only one team per client to carry out the renovation. We in-fact have specialist teams for different aspects of your renovation. We can complete renovations in a shorter duration compared to most companies in Auckland. Your proposal will include a customised timeline for your entire project and its completion date. We will also list our available starting dates for your project.
· Designs and conceptual drawings: Your proposal includes conceptual designs based on the discussion during your consultation. We do not outsource a company for these 3D designs are in-fact developed by our in-house design team.
· Specifications for your renovations: The purpose of this proposal is to have complete clarity on what the plan for your renovation is. Hence we will be listing all the specifications of the extent of your renovation. We will be listing everything from the change of light switches to the replacing of ceilings.
· Quote: The quote will include a breakdown of costs for labour, renovation materials, fixtures, demolition, installation, painting and project management. We provide fixed quotes based on previous discussion with you, chosen suppliers and measurements taken during the consultation. The only time this quote would vary is if we stumble upon something unforeseen like a rotting ceiling during renovation which would need restoration etc.
· Project Manager: A dedicated project manager will be assigned for your renovation that would be your sole point of contact for the duration of your renovation. This will take the hassle out of you juggling various tradesmen, designers, suppliers and installers.
· Suppliers: We will also include a list of suppliers that you will be visiting if you accept our proposal. This list of suppliers will be determined based on whether you have decided to go with a basic renovation, mid-range renovation, premium renovation or a designer renovation.
We are a one stop shop for your renovation which means that you do not have to hunt for appliances and supplies on your own. We have long standing relationships with various local suppliers for all renovation materials, supplies and fixtures. This means that we can get you better prices for the same appliances that you would have otherwise chosen from the exact same supplier as a normal customer. The price for all tiles, carpets, floors, bathroom fixtures, kitchen appliances, cabinets and paint products will be included in your proposal.
If you do accept our proposal, then the next step would be for our project manager to schedule a date with you where you both will choose supplies for your renovation. The project manager will take you to the suppliers you choose and take you to flooring, kitchen, bathroom, cabinetry and paint showrooms so you can actually touch and feel the materials. All our kitchens are custom made according to your specifications.
Once you have chosen your supplies, we start on your renovation.
Day one: Debrief
On the first day of your renovation, our project manager will introduce you to all our renovation teams that will be carrying out your renovation. He will debrief all the teams about the timeline and the plan for your renovation. They will be given all the relevant documents of plans and timeline so they know exactly when each team is scheduled to be on-site. We will also be bringing the port a loos and waste disposal bins for your site on the first day of your renovation.
Project Manager and his duties
We believe that a renovation project without a project manager is chaos between suppliers, tradesmen, designers and clients. It is essential to have a dedicated project manager for any given renovation if you want to have a hassle free experience. He will be your sole point of contact from the time you accept our proposal till your renovation is completed. His scope of work during the renovation will include the following:
- Sole contact person for you throughout the project
- Overseeing all the different tradesmen during the renovation
- Liaising with all suppliers, contractors, tradesmen, designers and you
- Managing the timeline for the project
- Sending you daily and weekly progress updates for your project
- Ensuring efficiency and planning of all tasks
When your renovation is complete, we do a full clean of the areas that were renovated. Once everything is in good shape the project manager will organise a walk through with your family on a scheduled date. The project manager and your family will have a final walk through of the renovated areas to see if you are satisfied with the outcome. If you have any issues then we tackle those areas immediately.
When you are satisfied with the everything we give you the handover pack which consists of all your guarantees and warrantees for the renovation project. The handover pack includes your workmanship warrantee, supplies and product guarantees, electrical warrantee, waterproofing guarantee, and maintenance and aftercare guide.
You are not just a transaction for us. We believe in creating and maintaining relationships with our client. We do not take your trust and faith in us lightly. In fact we cherish the homes that we build, people that we work with and the dreams that we realise. Hence we care about your life after our renovation.
A month after your renovation, we will get in touch with you to see how you are going and if there is anything that you need us to fix or improve. We want your life to improve after the renovation. You can also contact us via phone, email or you can walk into our office at any time after your renovation.