Cost of Bathroom Remodeling in Auckland – What to expect
Styles come and go, but if your bathroom looks the same as it did in the 1980s, it might be time for an upgrade.
Remodeling your bathroom doesn’t just make it look modern. Bathroom remodeling also can include more energy-efficient fixtures, so you use less water and electricity, and save money.
Before you decide to repaint, retile or replace anything in your bathroom, you want to first answer the question: Do you know the accurate cost of bathroom remodeling in Auckland?
It really depends on what you plan to do and the size of the bathroom.
Average cost of remodeling a bathroom in NZ
The average cost to remodel a bathroom in NZ is just under $20,000.
For the most part, people who decided to remodel their bathrooms spent from $15,910 to $23,835.
To be sure, you can pay less than the average for the bathroom renovation if you only make a few simple changes to your bathroom or if you do the work yourself. Even so, if you want a complete makeover, you might spend considerably more.
What makes up the cost of a bathroom renovation?
Your bathroom renovation depends on your goals.
Some options will dramatically increase the cost. Others won’t. Before you start to remodel your bathroom, it’s a good idea to determine the scale of the project so that you can avoid going over budget.
- Sinks, tubs and showers
- People often swap out their old units. Or, they’ll replace a tub with a shower or vice versa. There’s a wide range of costs for this job. At the low end, you might pay slightly less than $400 for a new sink. At the high end, you can wind up paying several thousand dollars. The same holds true for a new shower or bathtub.
- A basic, low-cost toilet might run $230. A more expensive model, with features like dual flush or one made from higher quality materials, can cost more than $1,400.
- Bathroom Flooring
- Whether you get new ceramic tile or another type of flooring, the average cost is an estimated $2,023.
- How much lighting costs depends on how fancy you want to be. A simple light fixture can cost less than $220. Prices rise from there.
- Bathroom Cabinets and countertops
- The cost of new countertops and cabinets often makes up a big chunk of the cost of bathroom remodeling. You can expect to pay just over $2,000 to more than $26,000 for new cabinets, and from $1,800 to more than $12,000 for new countertops.
- Labor cost for installation is typically 20 percent of the total cost of remodeling.
A low-end bathroom renovation in NZ
If you’d like to keep the cost of your bathroom remodeling on the low side or at least lower than the average cost, you have options. Instead of completely rearranging the bathroom, it’s less expensive to leave the sink, bathtub, shower and toilet where they are. Simply swap the older models for newer, updated versions.
If you don’t have a lot to spend on countertops, you can get lower-end granite or another lower-priced material. You also can cut costs by purchasing lighting, flooring and cabinets off the shelf instead of installing custom fixtures.
A high-end bathroom renovation in NZ
If you have a bit more to spend, you can upgrade your remodeling in a few ways. One option is to get higher-quality, custom countertops, such as quartz or custom-cut granite.
Also, you may want to invest in higher-quality fixtures, such as faucets made of bronze or copper and solid wood, glazed cabinets.
Another big ticket job is moving the shower, tub, sink and/or toilet from one part of the room to another. That also boosts the price tag.
Remodeling a bathroom has several benefits for the homeowner, aside from making the room look better and improving its function. You can recoup around 60 percent of the cost of remodeling when you sell your home, as long as the changes you make are appealing.
Adding another sink to a master bathroom, improving the lighting and making the shower function better are a few examples of bathroom updates that pay off in the long run.
Need more information?
Take advantage of our FREE Complete Home Renovation Guide (48 pages), whether you’re already renovating or in the process of deciding to renovate, it’s not an easy process, this guide which includes a free 100+ point check list – will help you avoid costly mistakes.
Still have questions unanswered? schedule a no-obligation consultation with the team at Superior Renovations
Or call us on 0800 199 888
Have you been putting off getting renovations done?
We have partnered with Q Mastercard ® to provide you an 18 Month Interest-Free Payment Option, you can enjoy your new home now and stress less.
Learn More about Interest-Free Payment Options*
*Lending criteria, fees, terms and conditions apply. Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.